PROS & CONS OF AGILE DEVELOPMENT
Agile product development methodology has certainly grown in popularity and influence since their introduction. It is a process that helps the team to provide quick and unpredictable responses to the feedback received on the projects.
The agile methodology works by breaking down the project into smaller parts and deliver them in short cycles known as iterations. A time-bound iterative approach that focuses on building the software from the start rather than delivering all at once.
Core values of an Agile development process:
- Individuals and Interactions
- Customer collaboration
- Working software
- Response to change
Let us gather some points on the pros and cons to agile development methodology.
PROS OF AGILE DEVELOPMENT
– Rapid adaption to continuously changing the environment and faster responses.
– A transparent approach by actively involving the client throughout the project.
– Immediate feedbacks which helps in improving the software in the next phase.
– Regular attention to technical excellence and good designing.
– Helps in improving quality by building tests and conducting tests/reviews throughout the iteration.
CONS OF AGILE DEVELOPMENT
– More code focused than documentation.
– Depends heavily on the inputs of the client, so, it is likely for the project to get off track if the client is in any confusion.
– Communication becomes harder in large scale organizations.
– Lack of understanding in terms of being ‘agile’.
Thus, the agile methodology represents a various collection of methods and practices which define how the software development needs to be carried on. Agile management is an exciting and fascinating approach which integrates the developers and the customers during the planning and implementing processes. Agile methodologies can be of great benefit if done properly.