Next.js has become a go-to-framework for everyone when it comes to server-side rendering (SSR) as well as hosting static sites like landing pages, documentation, and blogs.
- Server-Side Rendering: It allows you to easily render react components on the server before sending the HTML to the client. Server-side rendering makes your application optimized for search engines and also allows you to make and add dynamic meta tags.
- Hot Code Reloading: The application reloads automatically whenever changes in the code get saved.
- Fast Refresh: The developer experience forms a big part of the success or failure of any framework. Fast Refresh is a Next.js feature that gives you instantaneous feedback on edits made to your React components. With Next.js, the developer experience enhances with:
– Error locations that point to the accurate row and column generating the error
– Click-to-open reference code snippets
– Automatic address of runtime errors after fixing those
routes provide a straightforward solution to build your API
Next.js. Any file inside the folder
page. They are server-side only bundles and won’t increase your client-side bundle size.
a more customized and advanced behavior in your application, you can
- Automatic code splitting: By this feature, every import in the code gets bundled and served with each page. It means that unnecessary code never gets loaded on the page.
Right from the core performance areas to surface level improvements, Next.js along with its latest versions have made significant improvements overall.