Cloud computing, is simply, the delivery of computing services over the internet to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. Companies are quickly incorporating cloud solutions as cloud computing is said to be a big shift from the traditional ways of doing business. Cloud computing has enabled and helped the small companies to use the same computing power as the big businesses without any additional costs and infrastructure.
The advent of cloud computing has spawned a huge number of companies as earlier the organizations had to buy and maintain their own physical servers but now you can get started far more quickly and inexpensively with the help of cloud computing. Let us see the types of cloud computing services:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Using IaaS demands a willingness to put up with complexity which, comes with flexibility. The infrastructure cloud provides access to vital web architecture such as storage space, servers, etc. which can be used by organizations to deliver business solutions.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
The PaaS environment enables cloud users to install and host data sets, development tools, and business analytics applications apart from maintaining necessary hardware. It allows you to initiate your application without any stress as it involves no money and allows a lot of scalabilities. Some of the major players are Salesforce.com, Heroku, AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS lets the users to easily access the software applications over the internet. The service provider delivers the entire software for use reducing the burdens of maintenance and support. It is special as it incorporates both IaaS and PaaS. Some of the examples can be Microsoft Outlook 360, Oracle CRM, Zoho, etc.
TOP BENEFITS OF CLOUD COMPUTING:
1. Cost Effective – Enterprises can focus on their businesses rather than spending on buying hardware and software for various operations.
2. Instant Scalability – Cloud computing enables the ability to scale as per the business need and deliver the right amount of IT resources such as more/less computing power, storage, etc.
3. Automated backups – With cloud computing you do not need to make huge investments for backups or any disaster recovery. Automated backups are maintained saving the cost, time, and effort.
4. Security- Protecting sensitive and personal information is a considerable challenge which has been solved to a great extent with advanced cloud security features.
5. Increased Speed and Productivity – Cloud computing enables an organization to cope up with the rising competition and increase the capacity with unique ideas.
Cloud technology has enabled a new business scenario for the companies to work and explore with a simple solution- access to more processing power and data storage. Despite the huge benefits cloud technology offers, proper knowledge and competence are the keys behind choosing an appropriate cloud service provider.