One of the most talked-about IT trends today- Cloud Computing has been spanning across each aspect of the technological world. We are witnessing technology shifting to cloud more and more these days and people moving from traditional storage software to the Internet over the past 10 years.
Cloud Computing- What is it all about and why is it important? Let’s learn about cloud computing through this insightful blog!
Any person using a web or an Internet-based application from any prominent service provider such as Microsoft or Google, Google Docs, or Dropbox is using cloud computing. Simply, cloud computing is the practice of using a network hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data. It refers to all the Internet-based services, applications, and development being used in the corporate environment for:
- Security aspects associated with the data
- Dependency on services controlled by third parties
- Equal & qualitative services for all organizations
Cloud computing has now become a business standard as about 85% of the applications are being developed around cloud computing. Enterprises find it beneficial as it simplifies accessibility, provides virtual storage space, backup issues, security against unauthorized access as well as data loss. Now, let us look at the type of cloud services making it easier to achieve our goals:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS contains the basic building blocks providing access to networking features, computers, and data storage space from a cloud provider on a pay-scale basis.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS lets you focus more on the deployment and management of your applications without worrying about handling the infrastructure of databases, servers, and storage required for the development.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
A method for delivering software applications over the Internet where cloud providers host and manage the software application, underlying infrastructure, and handle maintenance.
A highly scalable infrastructure that allows you to develop or build the app functionalities without wasting time in managing the servers and the infrastructure required to do so.
Cloud computing provides a plethora of business opportunities manifested with several benefits as listed below:
- Cloud computing helps in protecting, storing, and retrieving data on a remote cloud storage system efficiently where the data is accessible from any device and location.
- As all the services would be executed over the internet, more focus can be given on the core business goals rather than handling problems associated with physical storage and backup.
- Cloud computing proves to be cost-efficient as it eliminates the investment for storing hardware and servers.
- It allows us to build and deploy web applications much quicker and help us to access resources easily as per the client requirements.
- Cloud computing offers optimum security to protect you against any unauthorized access, modifications, or data loss.
In the long run cloud computing has been proving to be a major and positive change in the business landscape. Though its still a new technique for many organizations, the demand for cloud computing is expected to rise exponentially.